There are 5 things that you can start doing today that will actually make you feel more joy and happiness.
1. Know exactly what you want.
Step number one is to know what you want. If you do not know what you want, take some time to answer the following questions:
- What makes my heart skip a beat?
- In what do I have great skills?
- In what do other people say I have talent?
- What activity causes me to experience ‘flow’ or quick passing of time?
To be thorogh ensuer that you consider many different aspects of your life when deciding what you want. Your life has so many facets.
- Personal qualities and value development
- Personal health and fitness goals
- Quality of relationships (current and future)
- Professional/career goals
- Financial desires (how much do you want?)
- Other desires and bucket list entries (travel, experiences, items you want)
Burning Desire backed by Solid Plans.
After knowing the WHAT part of your desires, it is time to consider the other 4 W’s and the H…..Who, where, why, when and how.
2. Ignore Others Opinions.
People will have opinions. You can take this for granted. Your parents will have an opinion of what you should be doing. Your friends will have opinions about what you should be doing. You will receive so much advice, much of it will be unsolicited. Despite all of this, you have to do what is best for you. You have to put yourself first and ignore all of the opinions.
Katy Perry, a very successful and uber-famous pop singer started her career singing gospel. According to Mentalfloss.com, they disapproved of her music, no matter how successful she is. A direct quote from the website:
Speaking of her Parents sheer and utter disapproval;
“But, her parents still disapprove of their daughter’s career, regardless of how successful she’s been. “We strongly disagree with how she’s been conducting herself,” Katy’s mother has said, “and she knows how disappointed we are.” Ouch, mom.”
For the full article click here.
To be happy, you may have to endure criticism, judgement and many pressures, although the benefits and positive emotions associated with accomplishing a life-long goal will far surpass the negative.
3. Love Yourself.
You have to fill your own bucket before you can fill anyone elses.
What the heck does it mean to fill your bucket? Well, simply put, it means to do things that fill you up from the inside out. Fill your bucket by:
- being kind and patient to yourself
- be recognize your own strenths
- take time for relaxation and calming hobbies
- feed your body healthy food and plenty of water
- get enough rest
- regular physical activity
When you take time to ensure that you are taking care of yourself on all four levels, you will find that your bucket overflows. This overflow is what you have available to offer others.
Consider this example. On an airplane you are instructed to always put your own mask on first, before attending to children or other dependents. You can not help others if you are unconscious. The same goes with your everyday life. You can not be there for others
Link to love blog. click here.
4. Health and Nutrition
When you drink water (eight glasses per day), and you eat in a generally healthy way, you will feel happier. There are many reasons for this.
You have likely heard that your body is 70% water. This is absolutely true. When you are dehydrated, even mildly, your energy levels will become depleted, you will have a harder time focusing. Being dehydrated can make you feel nauseated or tired too. This is a recipe for feeling less happy.
Never fear. It is easy to change these habtis. Visualize yourself in your best version, healthy, fit and happy. Next change one small habit at a time using progressions. If you drink only 1 glass of water per day, change it to 2 glasses per day, then 3 etc.
You can do this.
Click here for an article
5. Make Mindfulness a Priority
What is mindfulness? It is essentially, allowing yourself to be in the moment and appreciate the small things. Mindfulness includes the following concepts:
- Being grateful for the things in your life that make it great
- Taking time for yourself to be quiet and calm. This can include meditation or even just listening to calming music.
- The use of positive self-talk and affirmations
- Paying attention to your senses.
Click here for an article that includes 7 ways to practice mindfulness.
6. Surround yourself with Positive People
For a bigger dose of positivity, follow our socal media links.
My email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter by clicking here.
Follow me on Instagram by clicking here.
Follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
Check out our Youtube Channel for My Path to Riches and other Life Hack for the Happiest life ever! CLICK HERE.
Join our FACEBOOK group, Eh! Be Positive.